Top Skrill Betting Sites in India for 2023
Skrill Betting Sites
One of the biggest and most widely used deposit options for online betting is Skrill. However, due to legal and financial difficulties, Indian players have found it challenging to use this service.
Because of this, we decided to create this guide, which will detail how to use Skrill to make deposits and withdrawals on a sportsbook, and provide you with a list of betting sites that accept Skrill.
Read on to discover more!
Top Skrill Betting Sites
Pros and Cons of Using Skrill
Helps You Stay Anonymous
Skrill Accepts Indian Rupees
Processes Money Quickly
Very Long Verification Process
Is Skrill Legal in India?
Yes, Skrill is absolutely legal in India.
Skrill is running under the laws of England and Wales and has FCA’s approval.
India was one of the first countries where they started offering their services, so it accrued millions of loyal users over the years.
Is Skrill Safe?
Skrill is a very safe eWallet.
Only Skrill has access to your private and delicate financial data; the website does not receive it.
Skrill uses top-notch encryption techniques to ensure that your information is not compromised in any manner.
As a result, you can rest easy knowing that your financial information is safe.
Nevertheless, we strongly advise you to use a secure email address that is not shared with anybody to keep your financial information secure.
Keep updating your password to be on the safe side.
Why Use Skrill for Betting?
There are many reasons to use Skrill for betting, but we’ll highlight some of the most important ones:
- It’s fast. Based on our experience and numerous user reviews, when using Skrill, your deposits and withdrawals will be processed practically immediately.
- It’s safe. As we mentioned, Skrill uses the latest encryption software to secure your personal and financial data.
- You could get special bonuses. Some sportsbooks, like 22Bet and 1xBet, offer special bonuses for depositing using specific payment methods. Be sure to check the promotions before you make a deposit.
How to Open a Skrill Account
Like with other online payment methods, creating a Skrill account is incredibly easy; just follow our instructions.
1. First, go to Skrill.com and click “Register” in the upper right corner.
2. Then, you’ll need to enter your personal information, like your first and last name.
3. Finally, click “Register.”
4. And you’ll be taken to your account page.
Skrill will require some time to check your credentials before allowing you to make transactions after receiving your general and contact information.
It might also ask you to provide:
- A government-issued form of ID, such as an Aadhaar card;
- A colour copy of any valid identity document, such as your passport, license, or driver’s license;
- A photo of you holding your identification proof;
- A utility bill or bank statement not older than three months.
Once verified, you’ll be able to use Skrill to send and receive money via bank account direct transfers or wallet transfers.
How to Deposit to Skrill
Skrill makes it simple to make a deposit at a betting site. For this, you must first add funds to your Skrill wallet before paying the bookmaker.
This process might differ slightly depending on the banking method you’re using, but it generally involves the following steps:
- Go to the deposit section of your Skrill account.
- Click on your preferred money transfer method.
- Then, enter the amount of money you want to deposit.
- This is also the moment to change the currency if you need to.
- Next, you’ll get a summary of your deposit, which you need to confirm.
- You’ll then be redirected to the official site of your chosen payment method.
- Complete the payment, and that’s it!
Depending on your banking method, it might take up to three business days for your money to appear in your Skrill account.
How to Deposit on a Betting Site
Depositing money in your Skrill account is easy, but depositing from your Skrill account to your favourite betting site is even easier. Once you have funds in your Skrill account, everything will go smoothly.
What you need to do, is go to the betting site of your choice.
If you already have an account with this betting site, you click on the “Deposit” or “Banking” page to make a deposit. If not, you should create an account first.
Again, the exact steps will differ from one betting site to another, but the process typically looks like this:
- After you click on the “Deposit” or “Banking” button, you’ll be given a list of deposit options. Naturally, you should choose Skrill.
- You will then be prompted to fill in your deposit amount.
- After you enter the amount, you’ll be taken to another page where you can log into your Skrill account.
- Skrill will now request confirmation of the deposit amount.
- Once you confirm, your Skrill funds will be promptly transferred to the betting site.
You can now place your bet!
Try Betting on Some of Our Favourite Sites with Skrill
How to Withdraw Money from Skrill
Withdrawing your winnings to your Skrill account is as simple as depositing money in it. Of course, as you know, the process will depend from one betting site to another, but the general steps look like this:
- Find the banking section on the betting site of your choice.
- Click on “Withdraw.”
- You’ll then need to enter the amount you want to withdraw and choose the banking method.
- Of course, choose Skrill.
- You’ll then need to confirm the transaction, and that’s it.
Your winnings should soon be in your Skrill account.
Skrill Fees and Withdrawal Times
So, does it cost anything to make a deposit to a betting site through Skrill? Or to withdraw your winnings? No! Skrill doesn’t charge any fees for these services.
However, some betting sites charge a fee to process your Skrill deposit. We don’t believe this is ok, so we advise you to stay away from those sites.
You’ll only need to pay the 2.5% fee for depositing your money to Skrill. But, this is a fee charged by Skrill, not betting sites.
So, how long do Skrill deposits and withdrawals take?
As for the withdrawal times, Skrill is typically a very fast service, so you’ll have the money in your account in several hours.
You Can Use Skrill at Following Betting Sites
Advantages and Downsides of Using Skrill
We mentioned some Skrill pros at the beginning of this article, but besides those, we need to emphasise a few more advantages.
Besides being safe, accepting Indian rupees and processing payment transactions very quickly, Skrill is also:
- Convenient. Using Skrill is very convenient for obvious reasons — you can use Indian rupees and avoid exchanging currencies, the transactions are almost instantaneous, and it’s a very safe platform.
- Popular. Even though it’s not available on absolutely every online betting site, Skrill is a very popular and widely-spread payment method. Being so popular and widespread, Skrill can come in handy even for other transactions, not only online betting.
No matter how great Skrill is, there are two downsides that you should know about:
Long Verification Process and Fees
- The identity verification process takes very long — anywhere between 24 and 48 hours. This is annoying, but it is for your safety, so it’s justified.
- Another downside is the deposit fees. As we mentioned, Skrill takes 2.5% for every deposit you make. This can be very expensive, depending on the amount you’re depositing. You could avoid losing too much money by depositing smaller amounts, for example.
Try Betting With Skrill at These Bookmakers
Do all betting sites accept Skrill?
No, not all betting sites accept Skrill. However, all of the sites listed above accept deposits and withdrawals through Skrill and are safe to use, so be sure to check them out.
Does Skrill accept Indian rupees?
Yes, Skrill accepts Indian rupees, which is great news for Indian players since you don’t have to pay for currency conversion.
What does it cost to use Skrill?
Skrill charges a fixed fee of 2.5% every time you deposit money into your Skrill account. This fee applies regardless of the deposit method you use. So, let’s say you want to deposit ₹100 into your account, and the fee for this would be ₹2.5.
Can I claim a casino bonus after depositing with Skrill?
This will depend on the sportsbook you choose. Some online betting sites don’t allow welcome bonuses for deposits made with eWallets, but you’ll need to check the terms and conditions of the bookmaker and the bonus in question. The sportsbooks on our list allow bonuses for deposits with eWallets.