Online Roulette Casinos to Play for Real Money in 2023
With the rise of the availability of online casinos, the number of online roulette games available in India continues to increase, and players now have many options to choose from.
But how can you pick the right online roulette, and where can you play it?
This guide will give you an overview of the best online roulette websites in India, explain the game rules, and the types of bets you can place.
Our Favorite Online Roulette Sites in India for 2023
Online Roulette Sites Compared
120+ Live Dealer Roulette Games
Play Android and iOS Devices
Mega and Lightning Roulette Available
Most Payment Options
Excellent Welcome Bonus
The variety available at 22Bet will leave any online roulette enthusiast pleased.
This online casino offers over 120 live dealer roulette games from globally established game studios, including Evolution, Ezugi, Pragmatic Play, and Vivo Gaming.
However, remember that this includes only one Hindi Roulette by Evolution (which was a bit surprising).
There are also no football or cricket roulettes.
One big advantage of picking 22Bet is that they allow you to stream up to four roulette or different games simultaneously. Here’s how
Just click on the screen options you see on top.
Click on ‘Add More’ to add other games.
So, if you want to bet on different games without opening multiple tabs and windows, 22Bet is the right casino for you.
If playing on a single window, you can make it fullscreen or open it in a new tab with the menu in the top right-hand corner.
Below this menu, you can also see the option to reduce volume, change angles, etc.
Another excellent advantage is that they accept over 50 payment methods. This includes Paytm and cryptocurrencies.
This outdoes most sportsbooks. Not only that, they also keep coming up with new offers and bonuses for existing players.
As for their support, the response time was good, ensuring your queries and issues didn’t become a roadblock.
Find out how our interaction with their team went about our detailed 22Bet review.
On the downside, 22Bet has a Curacao license.
This isn’t the strongest since it does not have strict checks or policies, such as the MGA license, making it easier to get.
We’d love to see 22Bet get better licenses like the license from the Malta Gaming Authority or the UK Gambling Commission.
How to Play Online Roulette
If you’re new to online roulette, you may wonder if the rules differ from the classic roulette available at brick-and-mortar casinos.
The good news is that the gaming experience is very similar, with the additional benefit of allowing players to play from the comfort of their homes or from wherever they wish.
This section will explain online roulette rules and introduce the different types of bets you can place.
Online Roulette Rules
As mentioned, the rules for playing online roulette are very similar to those at a physical casino, and the same happens with live dealer roulette. To play this game, you’ll have to follow these steps:
1. Select which roulette game you want to play and join the table.
2. The game displays the available chips and their values at the bottom.
3. There is a minimum and a maximum limit for bets.
4. Players place their wager by selecting the chips and clicking on the betting option.
5. The roulette wheel will spin Once the player places their bet.
6. The winning bet is that in which the ball stops.
7. Players with winning bets will receive their original wager plus the associated payout.
8. The game’s software automatically recognizes that inside bets are cumulative.
9. Players can then continue to play by placing their bets, and the process repeats.
Types of Bets in Online Roulette
Online roulette has two main betting categories: inside and outside bets.
The inside bets are cumulative, meaning each individual inside bet counts towards the minimum accepted wager. Alternatively, outside bets aren’t cumulative.
Within these two categories, players can place multiple types of bets:
Inside bets happen when players place their wager on the table’s inside section, which displays the numbers.
- Straight-Up Bet: Players bet on which number they believe the ball will land. If the ball lands on the selected number, they win. If it doesn’t, they lose their wager.
- Split Bet: This bet allows players to bet on the line separating two numbers. For instance, they can bet on 1|2, 13|16, 33|36, etc. Players win their bet if the ball lands on either of the numbers.
- Street Bet: Players can bet on any trio of numbers that line up together, such as 1|2|3, 13|14|15, 28|29|30, etc. The player wins the bet if the ball lands in any of these numbers.
- Corner Bet: Similar to the split bet, players bet the ball will land on one of four numbers. The numbers must touch, and the ball needs to land in one of these four numbers for the player to win. Examples include 11|12|14|15, 31|32|34|45, or 4|5|7|8.
As the name suggests, outside bets happen on the outer section of the roulette table, often displayed in a different colour.
- Column Bet: Players place their bet on the ball, landing in one of the numbers on the selected column. There are three columns in a roulette game spanning the longest side of the roulette table.
- Dozen Bet: This bet allows players to bet on any number within one of the three “dozen” available. The player places their chips on “1st 12”, “2nd 12”, or “3rd 12”. These dozens display the ordered numbers from 1 to 12, 13 to 24, and 25 to 36.
- Colour bet: This is a simple roulette bet, where the player picks which coloured number they believe the ball will land on. Players can bet on “red” or “black”.
- Odd/Even Bet: Players will bet on whether an odd or even number will hit. They can place their pick on the “odd” or “even” sections of the table.
- High/Low Bet: This bet allows players to select if the ball will land on low numbers (1 through 18) or high numbers (19 through 36).
Try Different Bets at the Top Roulette Sites
Online Roulette Variations
There are many online roulette variations, but the most common ones include:
The mechanics behind the Lightning Roulette are very similar to those of other versions, with the added advantage that players can benefit from multipliers for specific numbers.
Before the ball stops rolling, the game displays between two and five roulette numbers with associated multipliers varying between 50x and 500x.
If the player made a straight-up bet on any of those numbers, they win the multiplier.
European Roulette is India’s most commonly played roulette game, offering the best winning odds. The game’s table has 37 numbers, from 0 to 36.
These roulettes have an RTP of 97.30%; in most online casinos, it will be a European Roulette if the game doesn’t state otherwise.
The French Roulette has the same type of wheel as the European Roulette, although it allows players to make different bets.
You can place unique outside bets, such as Voisins du Zeró, Orphelins, Jeu Zeró, and Le Tiers du Cylindre.
The main difference between American Roulette and the other tables is that it has an additional number, 00.
Due to this, this game’s RTP is 94.74%, making it less popular among players.
The 00 sits next to the 0, and the table has 38 numbers instead of the 37 found in other types of roulette.
Roulette Odds and Payouts
You might have noticed that different versions of roulette offer varying odds, but the same happens to the type of bets you place.
|Bet||Payout||European Odds||American odds|
|Straight Up Bet||35:1||2.70%||2.60%|
The table above describes the payout and odds for each betting option available at European and American Roulette tables.
Is Live Online Roulette Legal in India?
Online Roulette is neither illegal nor legal. All casino games come under online real money games.
After the amendments to the Information and Technology Act 200, these games require approval from Self-Regulatory Bodies (SRBs).
While proposals have been submitted to form these SRBs, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology is yet to make the final call.
The framework of the SRBs will address any ambiguities that exist in the law.
But until then, the legal grey area allows online casinos to accept Indian players.
The most important thing is to find trustworthy casinos with good support, licenses, etc.
And that’s where we come in. We tested 10+ online casinos, and here are the best ones for roulette players.
Online Roulette FAQs
What is the best online roulette website in India that pays real money?
All the online casinos we recommend on this online roulette guide accept real money wagers while being completely safe. Depending on what type of roulette game you’re looking for, you might opt for one or another. For instance, players who prefer live dealer roulette should give 22Bet a try, as it offers over 120 tables. On the other hand, players who prefer high-quality mobile betting should opt for Parimatch or 1xBet as it they great apps.
Can you play online roulette for real money?
Yes, you can play online roulette for real money due to the existing legal grey area. Once the SRBs are formed, we’ll know better which online real money games are legal in India.
Are online roulette games rigged?
Games like roulette, online baccrat, and similar, available at online casinos that received a gambling license aren’t rigged. Regulatory authorities impose strict regulations and fairness standards, meaning online casinos must provide games with a built-in Random Number Generator (RNG). The RNG guarantees that the online roulette’s results are fair and impossible to tamper with.